You have Instagram and Pinterest to boost your business. Which one would you choose? Well, it depends on what you want. Both are visual platforms and social networking sites that you have. If you want more followers, user attention, high-definition stunning photos, and videos, we recommend that you choose Instagram, the best photo-sharing channel. Both have different styles of aesthetics, picture quality, and subject. You need to choose the platform that best suits your business.
According to an article published on huffpost.com, you need to have an Instagram business account first if you would like to establish and popularize your brand online. Read on to learn how to use Instagram and Pinterest for your business.
When it comes to the audience of Instagram, it is more diverse compared to Pinterest. The reach is more than Pinterest. There is no doubt about the same. Based on the findings of Hootsuite, here are the Instagram demographics:
- Instagram reached one billion active users.
- People in the age of 18-29 years uses Instagram the most.
- Women use the platform more than men, almost 39 percent compared to 30 percent of males.
- When it comes to users in the age group of 19-34 years, 20 million more men use the channel compared to females.
- More than 70 percent of the platform’s users are below 35 years of age.
- The Pinterest demographics are:
- The platform has 200 million active users.
- Women comprise 45 percent and 17 percent men.
- People with a college degree using Pinterest are 68 percent.
- People in the age group of 18-29 years mostly use Pinterest. It comprises of 36 percent.
You will find many more details related to social media sites on platforms like Stormlikes.
The purpose of Instagram and Pinterest
Both Instagram and Pinterest have a different purpose. Instagram has high-quality photos, videos, and features compared to Pinterest. The former is more about sharing and branding, and Pinterest means discovering content.
Instagram images are stunning compared to Pinterest, but Pinterest requires more sense or value. If you are posting food images on Pinterest, it should include the recipe for the dish as well. Else, there will no sense or purpose of posting. Instagram is more about stunning visuals, the Shop Now button, advanced filters and the Stories feature to take branding to the next level.
Use of hashtags
Hashtags or pins help your users find your brand’s content and vice versa, no matter whether you are on Instagram or Pinterest. The use of relevant hashtags helps you to find your targeted customers. Though many hashtags are used on Pinterest, there is not much point in it. That is because pins are precisely labeled to improve the exactness of search results. In simple words, Pinterest does not much rely on hashtags to discover your content.
On the contrary, if you are promoting your business through Instagram, you must use the relevant hashtags. Use two to three and not a paragraph of hashtags. Else, Google will penalize you for spam content.
Choose Instagram or Pinterest depending on your business type and branding needs. It will help you succeed in the days to come.