The best free VPN, in comparison to a paid one, doesn’t necessarily offer any less foolproof protection. As long as the provider is able to turn a profit by other means, you’re all set.
It’s about time you learn how to anonymously browse without allowing your ISP to track it. ISP stands for ‘Internet Service Provider’. And they may sell your online data to advertisers. Whether you want to or not, your ISP tracks and collects all your online activity and data.
Not only do they track it, but they also record it. And how does this affect you? You see those advertisements popping up on your screen from time to time. Ever wondered why they’re so accurate based on every website you visit?
I’m sure you’ve understood by now the importance of the best free VPN. So now it’s time to find the best among so many choices. But before you do that, let me walk you through a few basics.
Why Do You Need Free VPN?
VPN stands for ‘Virtual Private Networks’. It is an encrypted connection that sends your data to another server. A server that remains unidentified by all the websites you visit. And the ISP that, without VPN, can see and track everything you do online.
Free VPN doesn’t grant permission to websites to view your ISP address. And instead, free VPN gives you one that’s not real. So it reroutes your data through one of the VPN’s private servers.
So the websites you visit will be able to see an ISP. But it won’t be yours. So for any means or purposes, you want to change your ISP address. You can use the best free VPN service to do that for you.
Can I Use Free VPN on Public Networks?
It’s absolutely essential to use free VPN on public networks. So you can avoid the risk of hackers catching on to your data. Even if the public network is password protected which is usually is. Especially in coffee shops, airports, government offices, etc.
The smartest thing you can do is use free VPN to cloak your identity. This includes all your data, identity, and information. By keeping your IP connection exposed, any kind of threat can put your laptop at risk.
A Word About Safety
It’s impossible to talk about VPN without bringing up the topic of safety. It’s important to build trust when it comes to using the best free VPN. Even though your ISP cannot see what you’re up to online. By keeping your VPN on, the VPN will still be able to.
All trusted and high-quality VPN services want money in exchange for their services. But not only VPN services are good. Some sell your online data and information to other websites. And we will be talking about those that don’t.
Best Free VPN Choices
#1 Hotspot Shield Free VPN
Hotspot Shield Free VPN is probably the best free VPN on the market. It is easy-to-use, effective, and secure. You can upgrade to their premium package with better features. But their free-to-use military-grade encryption is good enough.
What does Hotspot Shield Free VPN do?
- It reroutes your physical location to any one of 25 countries you choose from.
- It doesn’t collect or record any of your browsing activity.
- Better data encryption between your laptop and the VPN server.
- Builds a new IP address.
- Avoids censorship blocks from any website.
- You get full access to Netflix and Twitter from other foreign countries.
TunnelBear is a download-worthy and secure free VPN service. The best part about using TunnelBear is that it’s so versatile and practical. You can download it from all your devices. Including Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
What does TunnelBear do?
- It allows you to access global content. So you can access websites that aren’t available in your country.
- The government blocks certain websites and apps. With TunnelBear, you can change your location to where those apps and websites aren’t.
- Avoid your IPS to track and log your browsing history.
- You can unblock new apps and check out new game servers.
- It blocks hackers from stealing your passwords and other WiFi data.
Windscribe is the best free VPN for all systems. This includes Mac, Windows, Chrome, Firefox, iPhone, and Linux. That’s right! It has an app that you can download for your Linux computer as well. Though it’s base, this free VPN in on point.
What does Windscribe do?
- It blocks all malware and unwanted advertisements from showing up on the screen.
- You have access to over 60 countries and 110 cities.
- Windscribe gives you an anonymous personal identity. So nobody, not even Windscribe, could track you.
- It has the strongest data encryption network.
- Their free plan is basic and has all the essential features.
- You can access most websites from different countries easily and quickly.
#4 ProtonVPN Free
One of the best free VPN apps on the internet. ProtonVPN allows you basic features on its free service. But you are free to upgrade to its other exciting and wholesome features. All this for a minimal price!
What does ProtonVPN Free do?
- It offers a strong data encrypted network for all your internet activities.
- You have access to several countries.
- It connects up to 5 devices.
Don’t let anybody tell you that free VPN is bad. As long as you take your laptop to a coffee shop or airport, using basic VPN features is important. You can side-track threats like password hacking and government spying.
With plenty of practical options for the best free VPN. What’s yours? And if you want more advanced features like higher speed. You need to opt for the paid version of the apps mentioned above.
They’re more secure, faster, and with better features. They also provide a higher bandwidth when you upgrade to premium services.